Extract from President Nana Addo’s Address to the Nation
• We are not adhering to COVID-19 protocols.
• Research from University of Ghana and Noguchi indicates the virus has not mutated.
• We’ve gone from an average of 25 a day to more than 100 per day in recent weeks.
• He is worried that our increasing cases may take us to lockdown if we don’t take things seriously.
• 75% of current cases are from Greater Accra where every district (except two) has reported infections.
• He is extending the incentive package for health workers to December.
• Water remains free for consumers. Electricity for lifeline consumers remains free.